01 Dec Dr. Yair Lenga with host Eric Michaels from E Health Radio -“What your Oral health can reveal about your overall Health”
Dr. Yair Lenga a Periodontist at St. Clair Periodontics joins eHealth Radio and theDental Health & Health News Channels. Dr. Lenga’s experience includes all periodontal and reconstructive procedures including bone regeneration and periodontal plastic surgery.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Yair Lenga discuss the following:
- What can your oral health tell you about your overall health? Explain some of the normal changes of the mouth as you age
- What is periodontic care? Why should we care? How does your method differ from traditional oral health care?
- What are some of the signs your mouth can tell you about heart disease?
- What is the difference between a periodontist and dentist. Is it ok to go straight to a periodonist?
- What are some of the pitfalls when getting implants? What does our audience need to know?
Dr. Lenga graduated from the University of Toronto, faculty of Dentistry where he received specialty training in Periodontics and a Master’s degree in tissue-healing physiology. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Canada, the American Academy of Periodontolgy, a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and a member of the Canadian Dental Association, Ontario Dental Association and the Alberta Dental Association & College.
Upon completion of his general dentistry studies, Dr. Lenga interned at Mount Sinai Hospital working alongside the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department and Plastic Surgery Department. His background in Fine Art and Architecture helped him utilize surgical techniques to rehabilitate facial anatomy and the relationship between the aesthetics of the face and a natural smile. Throughout his specialty training and in the years afterwards, Dr. Lenga continued to work on staff at Mount Sinai Hospital in the Department of Facial Pain and Temperomandibular Disorders, and as a part-time instructor at the University of Toronto Dental School.
Dr. Lenga’s experience includes all periodontal and reconstructive procedures including bone regeneration and periodontal plastic surgery. He is skilled in a variety of dental implant devices and associated procedures. He has also completed a hospital-based fellowship in anaesthesia. Dr. Lenga currently works full-time in his private practice clinics in Ontario and Alberta.